We are searching data for your request:
Forums and discussions:
Manuals and reference books:
Data from registers:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Salmonella bacteria from dry pet foods can infect humans, which puts young children at risk, a study said.The study investigated the Salmonella virus between 2006 and 2008, which affected 79 Americans and was caused by dry dog and cat food. Half of the patients were children under two years old.
The houses in the huts Salmonella bacteria can lurk for up to 10-12 weeks, explains Dr. Peter Richel, the mt. head of the pediatric ward of Northern Westchester Kurzhaz, Kisco.
Especially for small children the "dog" is dangerous
They have recently dealt with this topic a lot because they recently called back two dog and cat food because they were infected with salmonella. The manufacturer of the products, Procter & Gamble, said they did not find any human-grade salmonella bacteria. Although the Salmonella disease studied in this study is the cause of only a small proportion of contaminated pet food, researchers are concerned that so many toddlers will be affected. In the Pediatrics Journal of Pediatrics, a Dr. Casey Barton Behravesh led by a research team who reported that anyone who had a household in the home was more at risk because humans can become infected through animals.
"If you feed your pet in the kitchen, the risk is multiplied, though the reason is not entirely clear," he adds. Dr. Timothy Pfanner, an associate professor of health research at A&M in Texas, and a gastroenterologist at Scott & White Healthcare. "Either bacteria on the kitchen stone will multiply, or people will not wash away their pets," explains Dr. Pfanner, who did not participate in the research.
However, the authors of the study concluded that there was no greater risk for the children that they would even consider feeding food.
Media Library Home Pagevideу
Animal Care - Be Careful!The infected pet food plant in Pennsylvania is currently closed, researchers say. However, since 2006, 135 products have had to be recalled for salmonella infection.
"This study also emphasizes the importance of washing after caressing and feeding animals. The child has weaker immune systems and therefore needs to pay more attention to hand hygiene," he warns. Dr. Philip Tierno, professor of microbiology and pathology at the University of New York Medical School, author of the book The Secret Life of Germs.
"Washing is the simplest and most effective precaution that everyone can take for health," says Dr. Tierno. "We keep pet food so that little children can't get it," says Richel. "Kids are cooking on the ground, so be careful about hygiene," Pfanner adds.
They may also be interested in: